Wednesday, June 25, 2014

CSA Week 3 (6/25/14)


I'm on week 3, but this coming Saturday might be week 4. I've lost track. At any rate, we are delighted with this week's pick-up! We're always eager to get our box of veggies from the Colvins, but some weeks contain more familiar ingredients than others. This is one such week for sure. Here's what we brought home (the picture is inside since it's rainy…):

  • radish pods!! (ok, I lied--this is a totally new ingredient, but I can't wait to try them)
  • summer squash: 1 zucchini, 1 yellow summer squash, and 1 8-ball zucchini
  • broccoli!
  • onions
  • 2 small heads Romaine lettuce
  • 1 bunch kale
  • 1 bag green beans
  • 3 cucumbers
  • 1 random bunch of greens--they look like kind of like kohlrabi greens or maybe collards, but I'm not sure (clearly I was distracted when I picked up the box from Isaac--I'm sure he told me what they were and I've forgotten)
Leftover from last week (too much home improvement going on for me to cook some nights!):
  • turnips
  • Kohlrabi bulbs
  • kale
  • green beans
So, looking ahead to potential recipes, I'm thinking of:

No comments: