Wednesday, July 16, 2014

CSA Week ?? (7/16/14)


I've been the poster child for absent-mindedness this summer.... evidenced in part by the fact that I totally don't care. Hence I have no idea what "week" we're on. And were it not for the fact that my children faithfully remind me that it's market day, well, I'd probably forget to pick up the veggies at all! Not because we don't enjoy them, but because I've been blissfully unaware of the day of the week for most of the summer.



And today, we decided to park farther away and ride our city's very fun free trolley closer to the town square with some friends. All had a blast, and my empty CSA box to trade in for this week's full box is still enjoying its ride. Thankfully, I left the empty box and not the full one (and didn't leave any children, either)! And thankfully, Isaac was nice enough not to hold that against me :-). [Side note: our first year, we picked up our veggies downtown from Adam Colvin. The next two years, we picked them up at a park near our house from Caleb Colvin (the boy in line after Adam). This year, we're picking up our veggies downtown again from Isaac--the next one down. And, for those of you who aren't part of our CSA, I'm pleased to announce that Adam just got engage over July 4th... We feel a teensy bit like part of the family, so Congratulations, Adam!!]



It feels more like early fall than summer today, but our produce is nice and summery (except for those gorgeous greens--how can the Colvins manage those in July?!).


  • 1 bag onions
  • 1 bag red-skinned potatoes
  • 1 bag assorted yellow squash (um, Squash Casserole anyone?!)
  • 1 quart box tomatoes
  • 1 pint box grape tomatoes (and these have been amazing, folks)
  • 1 small bag assorted chili peppers
  • 1 head Romaine lettuce*
  • 1 bunch kale
  • 1 bunch white carrots with tops

No comments: